Skip to main content

2018-07-31 Better targets for North Korea

Some people amuse me when they suggest that I might be on North Korea's target list. As I tell them: "You really need to stop watching spy dramas."

Yesterday I was in a room with several people who probably are targeted by North Korea. In the case of Park Sang-hak, he actually had an assassin attempt to poison him. And then there are others who criticize North Korea at the international level, and in Korean. I'm happy they are working so hard, it makes sure that if my name is on North Korea's target list, that it is so far down the list that I will die of old age rather than getting killed by a North Korean agent.

www.lovetnkr.org/donate




Jung Gwang-il is a North Korean refugee who has been criticizing and mocking the North Korean regime for years. Wouldn't the NK government want to knock him off before they got to the guy teaching English to NK refugees?



Kim Suk-woo was the vice minister for the Ministry of Unification. He has been criticizing North Korea at the national level for a number of years.


Ambassador Lee was South Korea's Ambassador for North Korean Human Rights and founded the Yonsei Center for Human Liberty raising awareness about NK human rights violations.




Signe Poulsen was head of the UN's Seoul office for five years, leading the effort to monitor and criticize NK publicly and surely doing things behind the scenes.


Sehyek was the winner of TNKR's second English speech contest and he does a lot of work behind the scenes about NK human rights.


Greg speaks fluent Korean, he has been criticizing North Korea directly for a number of years, attacking that psychotic country's dismal human rights record.








2020 comment: As I have said for years, I am more likely to be targeted by the South Korean rather than the NK government. 


In Park Sang-hak's case, it has turned out to be both government's have come after him. NK did it the brutal way--sending an assassin after him a few years ago. The South Korean government did it the Democratic way--delisting his organization, investigating him, and doing what it can to starve his organization.


Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452