Skip to main content

2018-09-08 Vineworks Fundraiser for TNKR

Vineworks hosted for a Wine Tasting Fundraiser for TNKR. It was incredible and inspiring to have volunteers come together to hold a fundraiser for TNKR.

I’m not an alumnus of the University of Michigan, but the seeds were planted for this event when I attended a University of Michigan alumni meeting. I met two classical musicians, So Young Jang and Yeon-Kyoung Ko, who said they would be honored to play at a fundraiser for TNKR. About the same time, TNKR volunteer Amber Yothers was planning a fundraiser for TNKR at Vineworks. I put 2+2 together, and viola! We had an fundraiser.

TNKR Music Manager Peter Daley was on vacation, but he joined the planning after he returned and Nitasha Salam joined the planning team after that.

We gathered yesterday to have the fundraiser with a fun crowd at Vineworks.
There were many delightful things, with one of the most surprising being that I met someone who attended the same elementary school and one of the high schools I attended in Texas!

Check it out on Instagram, which is managed by TNKR Instagram Manager Jackie Cole.

***
Support my Birthday Fundraiser for TNKR.

























Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452