Skip to main content

2018-09-28 Not everyone at KFC cooks chickens

Most of the people who contact us at TNKR naturally want to tutor North Korean refugees. Many potential volunteers are shocked shocked shocked to learn that they can volunteer with TNKR in other ways. I tell many of them: "Not everyone at KFC cooks chickens. There are also delivery people, accountants, marketers, personnel, and a host of other positions."

Earlier this year, we began developing the TNKR Volunteer Leadership Academy. I'm still waiting for someone to take over that little project. Until then, I will continue with developing it.

And be developing it, I mean telling people, "Don't write me a long business plan about what you would like to do. Just start doing it, keep me updated and in the conversations, then let's talk and update."

We have had a recent influx of volunteers who want to help TNKR in other ways.



Jackie Cole is now running our Instagram. She constantly surprises me with the flyers and videos she posts. I made it clear from the beginning. "All posts have been approved in advance."
Please follow the TNKR Instagram page here.
Freedom Speakers International

I think I need her to also run my Instagram page, which was set up by one of the refugees in TNKR and I post a message when I get electric shock treatment.
https://www.instagram.com/caseylartigue/



Grace Yooji Oh is now translating something for TNKR every week. She sent me another document which I will be uploading soon.



Amber Yothers is taking over as a Party Planner for TNKR. She seems to be in the middle of every TNKR party, and is helping us organize for Hwang Cheol's birthday party.



Clara Park has established a TNKR Club at her high school! I've had many people suggest we should have such clubs, but she is the first one to follow through and get it done!!!




Students from Seoul National University and one of their professors came to visit us to find out how they can volunteer.

Others have expressed interest in helping in other ways, from other social media, fundraising, event planning, graphic design, and even proofreading my posts. As I tell people: Come visit, let's talk, then get started!

Yes, proofread my posts. Sometimes people tell me, "I can't wait to read your post." I say, "Same here!" Because I write them in one stream of consciousness, then read and correct later.



And even though she isn't new at this, I must mention Janice Kim! She is TNKR's Academic Adviser. Because of her, my hands are now free to try other projects and activities. And that includes the Volunteer Leadership Academy.

***

Support TNKR
https://lovetnkr.org/donate/






















Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452