Skip to main content

2019-10-09 Media interviews

I had two media interviews yesterday. The first interview was with high school students writing an article about me for their high school newspaper.

Yesterday was a holiday, I had a lot to do, I would have preferred being lazy until hosting a Small Group Discussion with North Korean refugees. But of course I could not say no to high school kids wanting to interview me!

It was definitely another Circle of Life moment. It reminded me of my time on my high school newspaper. My sophomore year, I learned about the basics of journalism, after transferring to a new high school I became a columnist, reporter, and advertising manager my junior year, then my senior year I continued with my column and was co-editor of the paper.

The young ladies came in yesterday with their questions prepared for me. I look forward to seeing what they write about me in their school newspaper!





***

The second interview was with a reporter from Australia. She mainly asked me about issues related to North Korean refugees and South Koreans.

She hadn't planned on interviewing Eunkoo, but I asked Eunkoo to answer the questions about South Koreans and to add another view about issues related to North Korean refugees. Eunkoo has gotten better about handling interviews, she prefers doing the work. I have convinced her that talking with media is part of the job.

When TNKR becomes a rich organization one day, then hopefully we will have North Korean refugees who can hang out at the building waiting for reporters.











Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452