Skip to main content

Politicians solving their own problems: Rep. Shim Jae-Chul



If you are a member of the National Assembly, please stop reading this now, if you want to save your career.

Case: Rep. Shim Jae-Chul, leading Korean politician
Problem: He hates working with so many guys.
Solution: Look at nude photos during legislative session.
What he shoulda said: I thought I was reading the Korea Times when I saw those nude photos.
According to the Korea Times:
Over the weekend, Rep. Shim Jae-chul of the ruling Saenuri Party was shamed after local media released a photo of him looking at pictures of nude women on his smartphone during a session of the National Assembly.

The four-term lawmaker initially made the excuse that he was just checking an e-mail sent to him, but was disgraced further as another media outlet released a photo that he was typing “nude” into his smartphone.
This case is hilarious. I'm not complaining about porn. But considering the other scandals in the news, you would think that a leading politician could hold off on viewing some T&A until after work. Still, I think he should have blamed it on the Korea Times. Below is a sampling of the stuff you can see. I hope that all non-members of the National Assembly have already moved on to a different page.













Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452