Skip to main content

2019-11-25 Planning Meeting # 2, "Send his Father Home." (Making Placards)

We had a great planning meeting last night. Jennifer Bowman returned to the office today to work with Eunkoo Lee in making placards for the rally.


https://caseylartigue.blogspot.com/2019/11/2019-11-24-planning-meeting-north-korea.html






The meeting started with Jennifer and Eunkoo.

Volunteer Sandra Durnick was stopping by for other reasons--then she jumped right in, helping Jennifer and Eunkoo with making placards.

  
RSVP here if you would like to join us on December 8, as Mr. Hwang goes to Imjingak to call on North Korea to release his father. An RSVP is not mandatory, but you can get updates about planning for the rally.

What else is needed to make a rally successful?
* Photographer?
* Videographer?
* Social media?
* Traditional media?
* Arts & crafts


Also, you don't have to go to Imjingak to help.

Support his campaign: https://give.lovetnkr.com/en/KAL1969

Watch his YouTube playlist
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL-6_xImxyTAKr06xx029WeeS31UHzPwkf 

My Korea Times column about joining his effort: http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2016/06/137_208087.html

Planning meeting #1:
https://caseylartigue.blogspot.com/2019/11/2019-11-24-planning-meeting-north-korea.html


Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452