Skip to main content

2020-05-31 Top Fundraisers this week, featuring Eunhee Park

All of the fundraisers are special in their own way, wonderful little snowflakes gently landing on my head. This particular post today will highlight Eunhee Park's fundraiser.

1) Eunhee Park, June 1st birthday
Facebook
52 Foundation

2) Alabama Matching donation challenge

3) Glenn Boyer, June 1st birthday
Facebook

4) India Meyers, "Goin Bananas for TNKR!"
Facebook
52 Foundation

5) Julianne, "Help North Korean refugees learn English!"

6) Stase Lynne Wells birthday fundraiser

In addition to the usual ills plaguing mankind, there is a global pandemic, riots in the US, and probably a lot of mayhem going on in other countries.

Despite that, some people are still taking the time to support the Teach North Korean Refugees Global Education Center (TNKR).

I must highlight TNKR Ambassador Eunhee Park setting up two birthday fundraisers to support TNKR. It is extra special when one of the students in your program believes it is important to raise money to support the organization.

In just one day, she has already raised more than $400--and it isn't even her birthday yet. What has been the secret to her success?

* She personalized the message.

* More than 700 people have been invited to donate, I am assuming by her. Eleven people have donated so far. She is being proactive with it, which is important. Most people don't bother with even setting up a fundraiser, which Facebook has made so easy to do. Many who do set them up don't invite anyone. There are so many messages, so many controversies in the world that it is easy for postings to get lost in the shuffle.

* She set up fundraisers at both Facebook and re-posted her fundraiser at our crowdfunding site.


Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452