Skip to main content

Yeonmi Park Fall 2014 tour (Europe and USA) media roundup

BBC World Service--"21-year-old Yeonmi Park and her epic escape from North Korea"
BBC Radio--"Lies cannot last forever"--North Korea defector on her home country
Independent (UK)--"When Silence is not an option" Yeonmi Park profiled by the Independent (UK)
Yahoo News--"Escaping North Korea: one refugee's story"
Al Jazeera--"A Life in Exile, escaping North Korea" http://m.aljazeera.com/story/20141015154253291240
Al Jazeera Facebook page--https://www.facebook.com/aljazeera/posts/10152867626258690
Radio Free Asia--"탈북자 박연미 씨, 유럽서 북 인권 고발"
Lollipop--"Pretty law student becomes international celebrity after daring escape from North Korea"
Huffington Post--"One Young World Conference That Established The First Rape Clinic In Somalia, Kicks Off In Dublin"
One Young World--"Dublin welcomes young leaders from 194 countries to One Young World"
Giirl Meets World--"What is it really like in North Korea?"
Public Radio International--"She risked her life to defect from North Korea — now she wants the world to hear her story"
Yeonmi Park
Yeonmi Park

Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452