Skip to main content

Upcoming speeches



FSI has some public and private speech opportunities coming up soon.

March 25th, Songmi Han and Minhee Na will be speaking at a parallel event being held during the 66th session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women.


I have held some Zoom sessions with Songmi to help her get prepared, Minhee stopped by the office twice to talk with me about her speech.


* * *

On March 30th, FSI co-founder Casey Lartigue will be giving a speech to more than 300 South Korean university students.

* * *

On April 16th, Greenlight to Freedom co-authors Songmi Han and Casey Lartigue will be having a book talk discussion. Then later that day, Casey Lartigue will be participating in a panel discussion via Zoom at a conference based in the USA.


* * *

YouTuber Evelyn Jeong stopped by the office to talk about several things. It seems that we may be able to work together more closely than in the past!

Next month she will be giving a speech at a private event. This will be her third speech with FSI--she spoke at both our regional and international conferences in 2021, and we also had a YouTube live on her channel.



* * *

FSI is getting prepared for its 16th English speech contest. The goal is for this one to be LIVE on the Internet. You can reserve a ticket via Eventbrite, our Crowd-funding page or Facebook.

We will be recruiting mentors to help the refugees get prepared for the contest.


* * *

Fundraiser: Not all speaking opportunities are paid, you can contribute to FSI's speaker fund so we can seek more opportunities with organizations and platforms that cannot pay speakers for various reasons.

Popular posts from this blog

Park Jin welcoming remarks to FSI (and Casey Lartigue)

  National Assembly member Park Jin makes the welcoming remarks at FSI's conference featuring North Korean diplomats. Park Jin | Greeting message to FSI and Casey Lartigue mention - YouTube

[Video] "Author Spotlight" by Harvard

On February 2nd from 2-3 a.m. (Korea time), I was the featured speaker at an "Author Spotlight" by the Harvard Division of Continuing Education (DCE) and the Harvard Extension Alumni Association (HEAA) .  Watch, like, share, and comment.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmRgP3q7rQg&list=PLn7xtnmarHFq6kVvq3PxOgC8nwjn8ioBO  * * *  I will be in the USA for two weeks in March, I will kick off the trip with a speech on the campus of the Harvard Graduate School of Education (HSGE) for its annual Alumni of Color Conference (AOCC). It will be a bit of a homecoming reunion, I was one of the speakers at the first HGSE AOCC in 2003.  Stay tuned, this will be preparation for a larger event later this year. Thanks to everyone who has helped make FSI's work possible. ( Stripe ) ( PayPal ).

Chosun Monthly magazine [Korean language]

  Chosun Monthly Magazine has made an announcement (in Korean) about the Seoul Honorary Citizenship award that I received on December 9, 2022.  Our Korean staffers say that the magazine is a big deal in South Korea. Here's the overall roundup of media about the award. In the next two months, I have extended interviews coming up in two different magazines, one in the USA and one in South Korea. Both articles will be in respected publications so they should raise awareness of FSI's work that your support makes possible. * * * Support FSI via Stripe or PayPal . https://donate.stripe.com/3cs28F5IAcc85IAaEF or PayPal .

Still writing (Korea Times, 2023-12-19)

Still writing by Casey Lartigue Jr. The Korea Times December 19, 2023 https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/opinion/2023/12/626_365284.html

Is the SOTU over?

  Some people asked me if I watched President Biden’s State of the Union. Haha! I have seen enough of them. Not just Biden’s SOTU, but SOTUs by US presidents!  Back in 1999, I not only watched President Clinton’s SOTU, but the Cato Institute gave me the task of keeping track of all of President Clinton’s proposals and promises. Since then I have watched few SOTUs, once as a blogger at the invitation of National Public Radio. https://tinyurl.com/3dv5y452